Effective September 1, 2017
This privacy notice applies solely to “Confidential Information” collected, used or disclosed by eMDs, Inc. and its parent organizations, affiliates, and subsidiaries (“eMDs”, “us”, or “we”), who own this Application. “Confidential Information” means information about you, which personally identifies you or other personally sensitive information. This privacy notice will notify you of the following:
- What Confidential Information is collected from you by eMDs when you use eMDs’ Application;
- How your Confidential Information is used and the limited circumstances in which we might disclose your Confidential Information to third parties without direction from you to do so;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use or sharing of your Confidential Information;
- The ways in which we safeguard and protect against the misuse of your Confidential Information;
- Steps you can take to protect your Confidential Information;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your Confidential Information; and
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION CONTROLLED BY YOUR PRACTICE
This Application accesses information in a database in connection with the licensed purchase of the Lytec Application by your medical practice (“Practice”). After download, the Application provides users authorized by your Practice access to your Practice’s servers and databases. Information transmitted to your Practice may be stored, collected, used, retained, or shared by your Practice according to your Practice’s policies and procedures.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU DIRECTLY
After download, the Application collects certain information from you.
- You access tools and features by logging in with your credentials, including user name, password and account PIN and by setting facility information such as facility and/or provider name(s) and practice API keys and codes.
- After download, you may access your Practice’s database by logging in with your eMDs credentials. This Application enables you to search or review information contained in your Practice’s database. Based on your Practice’s configuration of the Application, the Application may also collect:
- Personal information, such as name, e-mail address, age, shipping/billing address, or phone number
- Health information
- Signature acknowledgment
Normal operation of the Application may require you to enter patient related information such as, but not limited to:
- Patient name
- Procedure and diagnosis codes and descriptions
- Units and modifiers
- URL links
- Health information
- Signature acknowledgement
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY ACCESSED AND COLLECTED FROM YOUR DEVICE
The Application may access certain information and/or components about your device automatically, including:
- Information about your device and operating system;
- Device event and diagnostic information, such as errors; and
- Transaction-related information, such as Application download or use.
This information is collected to provide access for the services within the Application and to activate your network services when you choose to connect to the Application.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us through the Application via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization or our partners, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to fulfill an order. Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about specials, new products or services. We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain, protect and improve the quality of our services
- Develop new products and services
- To Protect eMDs and our users.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Information you enter into the Application is shared with your Practice. eMDs does not have any authority over your Practice’s privacy practices and policies.
eMDs reserves the right to use or share your personally identifiable information and any Confidential Information to protect eMDs, including without limitation to audit, defend, prosecute and investigate:
- Our legal rights over the Application
- Potential violations of any eMDs terms or conditions;
- Crimes related to or, fraud, waste or abuse of the Application;
- Security risks to the Application; or
- As required or permitted by law.
You may discontinue information collection by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall, application and data management processes available as part of your mobile device or via the removal features provided in your chosen mobile app store or network. Once you have uninstalled the Application, all information stored is deleted, including any preferences you previously set.
HEALTH INFORMATION - HEALTH INSURANCE PORTABILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY Act (“HIPAA”)
As a key provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, eMDs has implemented programs to address privacy and security HIPAA requirements.
Health Information transmitted through this Application is controlled and maintained by your Practice. The Application does not store health information on your device.
The Application does not store user-provided data, including personal and/or health information, on your device. For ease of use, the Application temporarily stores some user provided information, such as user name and password until the Application is closed. Temporary information stored on the device needed to display current logged on user and for the normal operation of the Application is deleted on logout, timeout, termination, or if the Application is uninstalled.
eMDs retains information collected through the Application for as long as your account is active or as reasonably necessary to provide products and services to the Practice. We also will retain your information for as long as necessary to comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, resolve legal disputes and enforce our agreements. Information transmitted to your Practice through this Application may be stored according to your Practice’s privacy policies and procedures. Your Practice, not eMDs, determines how long that information is retained.
We are firmly committed to the protection of your personal and Confidential Information. When you submit personal or Confidential Information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline, using administrative, technical and physical security controls and privacy requirements. For example, we employ:
- Encryption technology using Secure Socket Layer protocols;
- Secure and unique user names and passwords selected and known only to you;
- A robust training program for employees with a need to know when and how to use or share your information; and
Wherever we collect such information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. While we use encryption to protect information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees with a business need to know to perform a specific job (for example, technical support, billing or customer service) are granted access to this information. The computers/servers in which we store Confidential Information are safeguarded.
STEPS YOU CAN TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Actions you take can also help protect the security and privacy of your personal and Confidential Information:
- Do not write down your user name or password;
- Never share your user name and password with anyone (unless you are acting as an individual and you have a legally authorized representative;
- Never use public computers to share or access Confidential Information;
- Ensure your own computer equipment has protections applied, such as firewalls and anti-virus software
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
This Application does not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites and do not want to be tracked, please adjust your web browser settings so third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. This Application is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
This Application is not intended for use by any child, including without limitation users under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. We request that children under the age of 18 not submit any personal information through the Application.
This Application may provide links to other third-party websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices of third-party websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Application to read the privacy statements of any other destination site that collects personal or Confidential Information.